Return to Nature with Leather
Garrett Leather is very sensitive to environmental concerns and incorporates responsible behavior in every aspect of day-to-day business, from production to distribution. Reduce, reuse and recycle are practiced in every department at Garrett Leather. When considering different upholstery materials, leather is an environmentally friendly option.
- As a product of nature, leather does not require as many manufacturing processes as other man-made materials, such as synthetic fabrics and vinyl.
- Leather is a much more durable product, lasting up to five times longer than fabric. This reduces replacement costs, as well as unnecessary waste.
- The most important point to consider when purchasing leather is that the material is a byproduct of the meat industry. Animals are never harmed solely for the use of their skins. The skins used to make Garrett's products would otherwise become landfill.
- During the tanning process, the dyes and other ingredients used are carefully measured for each production run, so that virtually 100% of these products are absorbed into the leather hides.
- Natural products are used during the tanning process, including vegetable tannins and oils. All leather finishes are water-based materials.
- Remnant water generated by our tanneries is directed to special treatment facilities that return it to the environment actually cleaner than it originally started.
- When the finished products arrive from Italy to our distribution center, warehousing conditions are such that leather has an infinite shelf life. No products are ever lost due to degradation.
- Leather does not require harsh cleaning agents. On the contrary, we recommend light dusting with a dry cloth, and when necessary, simple cleaning with pure water and mild soap.
- All of Garrett's leather hides have been strictly scrutinized and tested and are GREENGUARD Certified.
So you may specify or purchase Garrett's products with confidence, knowing that you have chosen a quality product from a company that continues to do its part to help protect our environment now and for future generations.
Click here for our Return to Nature flyer (PDF 331K)
NEW- You can now download the GREENGUARD certificates for the following products online. Click on the links below: