Garrett Leather officially turned 30 this month. All of our national reps were in town for the celebration. Thank you to all of our customers for choosing to work with us. Time sure does fly when you’re having fun.
Speaking of fun, here are 30 fun facts about Garrett Leather.
In the Beginning…
1. Cam Brown worked in the leather industry before starting his own company.
2. He started Garrett Leather out of the third floor of his home.
3. Garrett Leather was officially incorporated in September 1988.
4. The word Garrett means attic in old English.
5. He focused on providing superior quality leather with personalized service.
6. Garrett began selling to furniture manufacturers, auto rebuilders, and general upholsterers.
7. At the time, he had a two year-old son and his wife was expecting their second child.
8. Both children grew up in the leather business.
9. Within the first year in business, Garrett Leather moved into its first commercial space.
10. Additional space meant room for more inventory. The company became well-known for shipping superior quality leather quickly, within two business days.
11. The private aircraft industry was attracted to Garrett’s quality and short turnaround times. Aviation became a top market for Garrett Leather’s sales.
13. Garrett Leather continued to expand its customer base by introducing innovative products, such as Garrett Wovens and Tubular Wovens.
14. The company’s first website launched in 1998.
15. Garrett Leather opened its flagship showroom in New York City in 2013.
16. In 2014, the company redesigned its website. Qualified customers may look up inventory and prices and place purchases online. If you are not a member, apply today.
17. In 2016, corporate headquarters moved into its fifth and current location.
Fun Facts Today…
18. Superior quality and personalized service continue to be an integral part of our business.
19.The owner’s son, Max Brown, is the Vice President of Sales.
20. Cam’s daughter, Grace Brown, is an Account Executive in the Chicago area.
21. Six employees have been with the company for more than 20 years.
22. Berkshire, Chatham, and Caressa continue to be three of our top selling collections.
23. Garrett Leather has over 600 leather colors in stock.
24. Inventory levels exceed two million square feet at any given time.
25. Over 90% of orders still ship within two business days. Our Guaranteed in Stock program includes 254 leather colors.
26. We continue to work with many loyal aviation customers and meet strict quality requirements.
27. Garrett Leather is a global brand with customers in 25 countries spanning five continents.
28. We have a dedicated sales team with full-time employees in key territories. We are dedicated to providing a superior customer experience.
29. We continue to break sales records year-over-year.
30. We love collaborating with customers to find creative solutions. Garrett Leather has an in-house color laboratory for custom colors. In addition, we have expanded our custom capabilities.
How many fun facts did you know? We would love to learn how we can assist you with your next project. Please contact us today.