1. Presidential Inauguration: Garrett Leather’s Glazed Navy took the stage at the presidential inauguration in January. The chairs were originally made for President George W. Bush and have been used for inaugurations ever since.
2. Toronto Rep: Garrett Leather welcomed RFP Design Group in Toronto as sales representative for all of Ontario, Canada.
3. Philippines Showroom: Elements Fine Furnishing Fabrics has Garrett Leather’s complete product line on display for customers in the Philippines.
4. Kathy Raynor: Kathy Raynor was promoted to Purchasing Agent to work with all of Garrett Leather’s vendors after spending eight years providing excellent customer service to our customers.
5. Jessika Brant: Garrett Leather is happy to have Jessica Brandt as a part of our exceptional customer service team.
6. Caiman: Caiman made its debut. These gorgeous, pure aniline hides made a big impression this year (no pun intended) with the exotic reptile pattern deeply embossed in Italy on full hides.
7. EBACE: We enjoyed meeting our international customers at the European Business Aviation Conference & Expo.
8. HD Expo: We had a lot of fun showing off new Caiman hides at the Hospitality Design Expo in Las Vegas.
9. NeoCon: It was another great show in Chicago. Interior Design Magazine’s editorial staff selected Garrett Leather’s Shagarrett as a SELECT product at this year’s show. Shagarrett is stingray embossed leather in full hides with no plate lines.
10. Sherie Chin: Sherie Chin joined Garrett Leather’s family to manage our new designer showroom in New York.
11. NY Showroom: The doors to Garrett Leather’s flagship designer showroom opened for business in Suite 1107 of the Decoration and Design Building in Manhattan.
12. Joy Mattice: Joy Mattice fit right in when she joined Garrett Leather with extensive customer service experience.
13. Wall Panels: Garrett Leather introduced customized Wall Panels. These beautiful panels are handcrafted in the USA with or without additional padding. Customers may choose from any Garrett Leather color.
14. Wall Tiles: Customers now have hundreds of color options with Garrett Leather’s customized Wall Tiles. Each tile is handcrafted in the USA using Garrett Leather’s products, including leather, sheepskin and steerhide.
15. Woven Panels: Woven Panels feature award-winning Garrett Wovens® in over 30 patterns, including all leather, leather and fabric, and leather and metal combinations. Woven Panels are handcrafted in the USA.
16. New CEU: Garrett Leather offers a new CEU titled “Leather Wall Applications” for designers seeking to earn continuing education units. This is an IDCEC accredited program and is accepted by ASID, IIDA, and IDC.
17. NBAA: Caiman took center stage again at this year’s National Business Aviation Association convention. Customers loved the aviation chair on display featuring Caiman Anthracite. Customers were also given a sneak peak at new colors that will be announced in 2014.
18. Boxboard Pattern: Boxboard is a new Impress pattern that can be embossed on almost any Garrett Leather color.
19. Scotch Grain Pattern: By popular demand, this rich, pebble grain texture is a new Impress pattern that can be embossed on almost any Garrett Leather color.
20. Waterfall Pattern: Inspired by nearby natural wonder Niagara Falls, this new Impress pattern can be embossed on almost any Garrett Leather color.
21. Milwaukee, WI Showroom: In-spie(r) Showroom in Milwaukee, Wisconsin has Garrett Leather’s complete product collection on display.
22. Kansas Rep: Garrett Leather is pleased to have InSPEC Contract Group representing our products and assisting customers throughout Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.
23. Leather Marking Pens: New Leather Marking Pens are safe to use on most of Garrett Leather’s products. All marks are easily removed with a dry cloth. Choose from orange, yellow or blue ink colors.
24. Best of Year Honoree: Garrett Leather is honored to have our new Caiman product as a finalist in Interior Design Magazine’ Best of Year 2013 Awards competition.
25. Record Sales: Garrett Leather consistently exceeded sales goals all year long.
Thank you for making 2013 a great year. We wish all of our customers, vendors and sales representatives happiness, good health and continued prosperity throughout the New Year!