Do you specify wall applications for your clients? Have you considered using leather wall panels or wall tiles for a project, but reconsidered because you thought it would be too complicated? If so, you have come to the right place. We make ordering wall panels and wall tiles easy. Here is a step-by-step guide to making your next wall installation go smoothly.
Scheduling is one of the most important factors to keep in mind when specifying leather wall panels or wall tiles for your project. It is best to begin the planning stages as early as possible to leave ample time to consider all of your options, review quotes, receive payment, and allow sufficient time for production. One of the first questions we’ll ask is, what is your due date? We recommend contacting us at least six months prior to installation, so we can help you throughout the entire process, from start to finish. Depending on our production schedule, we might be able to complete your project in less time.
Determine the Surface Area
The second piece of information we’ll need is the dimensions of the vertical surface. Whether it is for an entire room, a single wall, or a small area, send us the final dimensions of the space. With this vital information, we will help you determine the number of panels or tiles required for your job. We provide initial estimated quotes for wall panel and wall tile projects based on overall square footage of the space.
Consider Your Options
This is where the fun begins. While it may seem overwhelming at first, we make the selection process easy. Here is a breakdown of your options. Feel free to mix and match styles and colors. For example, you may use both Flat and Padded Wall Panels within a space and incorporate different colors. Visit our Gallery for inspiration.
It is important to use the correct terminology when discussing the different options for your project. Wall Panels are much thicker than Wall Tiles. The list below details the differences between the different styles.
- Flat Wall Panels have leather fully wrapped and secured around 1/2 inch thick routed MDF substrate. Thickness is approximately 5/8 inch.
- Padded Wall Panels have leather fully wrapped and secured around foam topped, routed MDF substrate. Thickness is approximately 3/4 inch.
- Woven Panels have Garrett Wovens® fully wrapped and secured around 1/2 inch routed MDF substrate. Thickness is approximately 5/8 inch.
- Wall Tiles have leather adhered to recycled leather backer. Thickness is approximately 1/8 inch.
- Refer to our color binder or drawer box set to select the leather and color of your choice. You have literally hundreds of color options. Don’t be afraid to mix and match different colors and textures.
Determine Your Budget
Once we know the square footage of the space, along with the style and color of your Wall Panels or Wall Tiles, we can provide you with an estimate. Pricing varies based on these factors.This is the minimum information we require to give you an idea of what the project may cost for budgeting purposes. Once we receive approval to move ahead with the project, we will work with you to finalize more details and provide an actual quote.
Finalize Design Details
Once the budget is approved and you have the green light to proceed, it’s time to finalize design details. Begin by choosing the shape(s) and size(s) for your Wall Panels or Wall Tiles and the layout for the space. Once the design is completed, send it to us for review. We will use your CAD drawing to confirm sizes and quantities required. If you are unable to provide us with a CAD drawing, we will provide one for you. At this time, we will provide a formal quote, detailing the exact sizes and quantities needed to complete the project.
Sizes and Shapes
- 18″ x 18″
- 12″ x 12″
- 8″ x 8″
- 4″ x 4″
- 4″ x 8″ rectangle
- 2″ x 10″ parallelogram
- Custom sizes and shapes are available. Let us know what you have in mind. We can adjust the sizes accordingly to achieve the design you want.
We offer a number of enhancements to add to your Wall Panels or Wall Tiles.
- Decorative stitching may be added to both Wall Tiles and Flat Wall Panels. Choose from 20 colors of Tex 210 Thread.
- Beveled Edges are available for Flat Wall Panels.
- Buttons may be added to Padded Wall Panels. We will cover the buttons in the leather of your choice.
- Nailheads may be added to either Wall Panels or Wall Tiles. We offer a variety of colors including silver, gold, brass, and black.
- Installation tools for both Wall Panels and Wall Tiles are available for your convenience.
Provide Final Approval and Deposit to Begin Production
The last step is final approval. We will provide a final CAD drawing and a formal quote with all of the details for your review. Once you approve both the final drawing and formal quote and we receive the deposit, we can begin production. All Wall Panels and Wall Tiles are made in the USA on a per order basis. Depending on the size and scope of the project, production usually takes between 6 to 12 weeks.
The Benefits of Leather Wall Applications
Leather wall panels and wall tiles are an elegant option for vertical applications. Whether for interior wall coverings, reception desks, or bars, leather provides beautiful color and texture, added warmth, reduced noise, and exceptional durability. We are here to help you every step of the way. Please contact us today to discuss your next vertical surface project.