Garrett Guarantee Frequently Asked Questions
How does the Garrett Guarantee work?
If you are not 100% happy with your purchase, you may return the item(s). We will either issue a full refund or process a new order for replacement hides of the same product, at no cost to you.
What products are covered under the Garrett Guarantee?
The Garrett Guarantee applies to in-stock inventory, including leather hides, Sheepskin, Tubular Wovens, and Braided Welt.
Does the Garrett Guarantee apply to custom orders?
The Garrett Guarantee applies only to the above-mentioned products. We stand behind our products and will certainly work with you to rectify any issues that arise with custom orders.
How do I return the leather?
All items should be returned in the same manner as they were received. Please roll leather hides smoothly on the shipping tubes to prevent damage during transit. Please call to request shipping boxes and tubes if they have been discarded.
Who pays freight for returns?
For orders shipping within the continental US, Canada, or to the UK, we will cover freight to send the items back to us. If we are replacing your order, we will cover UPS Ground Freight charges for the replacement as well. UK orders will ship via UPS Expedited Worldwide.
May I replace my order with a different leather?
Yes, you may replace your order with a different leather. Simply return your first order for a refund and we will process a new order for the replacement order. Additional charges may apply if you select a higher priced item. We will cover UPS Ground freight charges within the continental US to ship the replacement leather to you.
Are restocking fees waived?
Yes, orders that qualify for our Garrett Guarantee are not subject to restocking fees.
What if the upholsterer already started to cut the leather?
The Guarantee applies to uncut and unmarked products. Once the leather is cut or damaged, the guarantee no longer applies. If you are unhappy with our products once cutting begins, we will work with you to rectify the issue.
When does the Garrett Guarantee start?
The Garrett Guarantee applies to purchases made on or after November 16, 2020.
What is your product warranty?
- Garrett Leather warrants our products will be free from defects in design, material, and workmanship and will be suitable for the intended purpose under normal conditions.
- This warranty does not cover damage to leather resulting from misuse, exposure to direct sources of heat or sunlight, pets, spills or stains, or the use of harsh chemicals or abrasives.
- Garrett Leather warrants our leather for a period of three years from the date of installation under normal wear conditions.
- Use of any cleaners and/or conditioners not supplied by Garrett Leather will specifically negate this warranty.
- During the warranty period, products that prove to be defective due to manufacturing or workmanship by Garrett Leather will be replaced or repaired. Labor costs for upholstery or installation of replacement materials are not covered under this warranty.
What is the difference between your Garrett Guarantee and your Product Warranty?
Our Garrett Guarantee is for our customers to ensure they are happy with our products upon receipt of purchase. It no longer applies once the hides are cut and upholstered.
Our Product Warranty is for end users, after the leather is upholstered and in use.